We recognize that this past year has been a trying time for families, so we have explored all means possible for securing scholarship money for this season and supporting as many families as possible.
Dick's Sporting Goods, one of our very generous sponsors, has a program to help kids with registration fees. Based on the eligibility requirements, your child may meet the qualifications to receive up to $150 in grant funding to assist in paying for registration fees. Through this program, families are required to pay at least $10 of the registration fee or the balance if the fee is greater than $160. Our representative at Dick's has confirmed that the funding will be received within 5-7 days of submitting a complete application. Upon approval, you will receive an email from Chek Spend to set up your account and access your new electronic payment card to allow for online payment. Based on the website, you can re-apply every 3 months per child to assist with other sports activities throughout the year!
To help us assist as many families as possible with registration and equipment costs, we would like to see if you could please complete this very brief application to see if grant money could be obtained to cover registration costs. We are also in the process of applying for equipment grants for the organization.
Below is a summary of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from the Every Kid Sports Pass website:
- An application must be submitted for every child you wish to be considered for an Every Kid Sports Pass.
- Available to kids 4-18 years old, participating in recreational after-school sports.
- Youths, parents, or guardians apply online for the Every Kid Sports Pass.
- Parent/Guardian must submit proof of their child’s current and active enrollment in one of the approved Financial Needs Verification* programs:
- Medicaid enrollment document – with child’s name and dates
- SNAP enrollment document – with child’s name and dates
- WIC enrollment document – with child’s name and dates
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for Migrant Education Programs – with child’s name and dates
- Active enrollment dates in SNAP, WIC, or Medicaid cannot exceed 12 months from the time of your submitted application.
- NEW: Free and Reduced Lunch benefits will no longer be accepted.
- NEW: Upon approval, an electronic payment card will be issued virtually to the parent/guardian allowing you to pay your registration fees on-line.
- Applications must be submitted before the end of the season you are requesting funds for.
We have reviewed the application to understand the information you may be asked to provide. Below are the details from Eastside Dolphins Youth Alliance (EDYA) for your use in the application:
Section 3: Sport Information
Sport or activity grant will be used for: Football / Cheer
Sport season start date: 07/05/2022
Sport season end date: 11/11/2022
Hours of participation per week: 8
Section 4: Youth Sports Organization / School Information
What organization is hosting your sport? Greenville County Rec - Eastside Dolphins Youth Alliance (EDYA)
Youth Sports Organization (YSO) / School Website: www.eastsidedolphins.com
Contact at Organization: Shari Clark
YSO / School Contact's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
YSO / School Contact Phone: 828.275.2705
Full Cost of the Program: $170 / $140
Grant Request ($150 Max): $150 / $130
As always, we are here to help! Please feel free to call, email or text with any questions. We are looking forward to this upcoming season!